Thursday, November 8, 2012

Little Thankful Me

I love reading about what others are thankful for this season.  Some have taken it upon themselves to 'be thankful' of something each day, while others are thankful of several things at once.  Last year, I was thankful for several things and wrote about them Thanksgiving week.  This year, there are other things I'm thankful for:

1.  Discussions/long talks or even arguments with loved ones/friends- this means I'M STILL ABLE TO TALK TO THEM!

2.  Paying taxes- this means I HAVE A JOB/CAREER.

3.  Little money in the bank- this means I've chosen to pass up high paying opportunities in order to spend more time at home with my sons.  Even though it's been rough at times, I don't regret a single minute of it! The investment of time in my son's lives is the best payoff EVER!!!!

4.  Complaining about our country at times- this means WE HAVE FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

5.  Clothes that maybe don't fit like they used too- this means THERE'S ENOUGH TO EAT.

6.  Rooms to clean- this means WE HAVE A HOME.

7.  Tons of laundry to do each week- this means I STILL HAVE MY BOYS WITH ME.

8.  Listening to my mom yell (yes, even at my age! lol)- this means I CAN HEAR.

9.  For that dreaded parking spot really far away from the entrance of the store- this means I AM ABLE TO WALK.

10.  That alarm sound that scares me every single morning- this means I'M STILL ALIVE AND BREATHING.

Here's last year's list (you can read about them under 'Blog Archive', November 2011):
My boys
My family
Simple pleasures in life
The power of prayer
Our troops
My friends
Teachers

"Thank you, Lord, Jesus Christ, for all you have blessed me with."

~Little thankful me

 

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to say how much I LOVE the pic of you with the boys on each side in Santa hats kissing you!!!! So precious!

    ReplyDelete