Thursday, October 25, 2012

The Downfall of Public Restrooms

Our office does not have our own restrooms, so we have to travel around the corner to the convenient store,,, just kidding... but seriously, our office does not have restrooms.  Our building, however, has beautiful, very clean, smell-good restrooms (thank goodness! My germaphobia would never allow me to pee there otherwise). 

So, today was different day.  There was a noticeable smell when I walked in.  It wasn't the usual Hawaiian coco nutty scent that I love.  It was more of something dead. I notice the door at the very end.  It was closed.  I go into the very first stall to avoid any type of anything with the other person. I don't feel the need to be 'right next door'.  A little space is good sometimes.  I shut the door and begin preparing to pee when I hear a loud moan from the other stall.  With a very confused look on my face and a quick jerk of the neck I hear, "ugh" followed by a few farts n sharts!

My eyes widen and I'm in disbelief at this point. My hand covering my mouth.  I hadn't peed yet.  I didn't know if I should kindly leave and give her privacy or just pee and get out. I really needed to pee, so I chose to stay and get it over with.  Bad choice.  There was no way I would make it to another restroom anyway.  Oh God.  This was awful.

The lady says, "I'm so sorry.  I took a laxative this morning and I didn't realize it would work this quick"!  I was shocked! She proceeds to say, "I'm sorry about the smell". What am I supposed to say to that???? Still confused and peeing I decided to make her feel as comfortable as possible (not sure why) and I said, "No worries, ma'am.  It happens to me all the time"! *Hand palm into face* What was I thinking? Why did I say that? Of all the things I could possibly say, I chose that??? Wishful thinking? I don't know! It was weird. 

I don't even like going to restrooms as it is, and when I do there's either a conference going on in there or some lady is having to explain her problem mid moans.  That's my luck.  I still cannot believe that she spoke to me! Had it been me, I would have raised my feet and hope to God no one knew I was in there!! Luckily, this is NOT a problem I have! lol  *shaking my head* "WHY ME?????"

Awkward....

1 comment: