Monday, October 22, 2012

I Loved This Weekend!

What a great weekend! I need a repeat! It just wasn't long enough.

My cousin, Angela, came to visit, FINALLY, and what a great time! The only time we DIDN'T laugh was when we slept. You gotta know us Gomez girls. There's never a dull, laugh-free moment. We have fun just staring at walls, which, we never do, by the way. Friday night started out with dinner at my place, then we went to Chuy's for ONE margarita and a lot of talking.  It's weird how we can talk everyday and still have an enormous amount of gossip conversation left in us! We weren't there very long which didn't matter because apparently our talks continued until we both fell asleep. 

She was most excited about how cold my room is.  I have two sheets, a comforter, and two additional heavy, warm blankets on my bed- ALWAYS.  I love a ton of pillows and blankets.  Three hours into our sleep (yes, we still share a bed! We're girl cousins and that's just what we always do! Get over it!) I feel a very cold breeze on my knees that were hanging off the side of my bed.  Of course I look over and Angela has ALL 5 blankets wrapped around her like a damn tamale! Not too mention she was wearing sweats like she was in the North Pole for the weekend.  Thank goodness I, at least, had the comforter label to cover the tip of my shoulder!

6 am came around very quickly.  I was partially awake anyway! All night I spooned Angela for a teeny bit of warmth.  She slept like a baby, I might add.  Warm with a smile on her face.  I get out of bed, break the icicles off my nose and eyelashes and get my morning started.  I make Austin his breakfast and get him to his school for his football game.  I come back home to hopefully get an hour of warm sleep on my comfy couch with MY OWN blankie before Austin's game! It wasn't long before Angela was texting me from the room that is less than 5 steps away. "I'm hungry, and it's sooo hot in here. What's for breakfast?" Or at least, that's what I read... what the text really said was, "Have you been gone since 7?" What????

We get up, get dressed and head out to Austin's game.  We hadn't had breakfast just because we needed all two hours to get dressed.  We had plans to go to Chipotle afterwards, 3 reasons; 1. we were hungry, 2.  Angela had never had Chipotle and 3.  we wanted to make sure Austin would be in a good mood the rest of the day just in case he lost his game.  If Austin looses a game, we all suffer and walk on eggshells.  So I chose a place for lunch that he loves.  Chipotle. Lucky for all of us, he won his game (and is headed for Playoffs!!!).  We had an awesome lunch, eggshell free.  Next, we thought we would have some yogurt.  Orange Leaf it is! Very enjoyable.

The last month or so, I've been eating smaller portions, and incorporating healthier choices so my tummy has shrunk to the size of an almond, therefore, I can only eat a little bit here and there.  Saturday was definitely a 'cheat day' for both, Angela and I.  We chose a salad. We only ate three pieces of lettuce, two little pieces of meat, one kernel of corn and three little black beans each.  We were extremely full......
Who are we kidding? We TORE. IT. UP! 

Now we're done with lunch and desert.  There's tons of things to do here in San Antonio, including walking off our 8,000 calories that we consumed just minutes before.  (Carla, I'm sooo kidding!) We decide to go home, have Austin bathe (lol) and we'd decide from there what we could go do.  Four hours later it's 5:30 and we're just waking up from a nap! Well, it only seems right that we go to dinner somewhere.

We chose a nice place called Hofbrau Beer Garden.  Good food and yummy, fun drinks. This is where it all sank in for me... these are the times I miss... quality time with family! Great talks with family.  Laughs with family. There's nothing better!

Sunday came around way to quick! Some of the highlights (I'm pretty sure only Angela will get this):
the 'diaper' warm ups
"This chic"
"Gooo Fly-yers" not "Goooo Pla-yers"
The curling iron burn
'tweezers'
tooooo much info Angela!
the slanted parking lot
one eye open and on face book/pinterest
"you're makeup still looks good from last night"

 Looking forward to another weekend.  Hopefully, this time, all the Gomez girls can make it!!

~Angela's cousin

P.S. "A HUGE HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHOUTOUT TO ALL OCTOBER BABIES!!! YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE! Y'ALL MAKE MY LIFE HAPPY AND EXCITING!!! I PRAY THAT THE LORD BLESSES EACH OF YOU WITH MANY MORE YEARS FULL OF AWESOME MEMORIES!"

No comments:

Post a Comment