Friday, November 4, 2011

Wal-Mart stop: unsuccessful

5 items is what I need for Austin's field trip tomorrow morning- FIVE! A cooler, ice pack, juice, lunchable and a snack.  Couldn't be easier than that!  A few bucks, no problemo! "I can totally do this on my lunch hour!"

11:30am, lunch time.  My biggest concerns from work to Wal-Mart: expired inspection sticker, oil change needed, low tires and walking quickly through Wal-Mart in high heels (without slipping),,, and having my blinders on!  I make it to Wal-Mart in record time with no ticket from any of the police officers I spotted along the way.  FYI; Gracie should not know about my expired inspection sticker.  NO ONE TELL HER!  I will get this done tomorrow! Some of you might be thinking, 'well, she's gonna know after reading this'.....NO,,,,SHE WON'T!  She has no Internet, REMEMBER???  Anyway, I park, get my shopping cart (wipe the handle down with a sanitary wipe) and lock my Louis Vuitton purse, I mean, Coach bag :( in the seat of the basket.  Off to shop I go.  Let me just say this; my blinders DID NOT work and I slipped twice... but only twice!  Along the way I managed to pick up the following items:  hand sanitizer, dry shampoo, thermal shirt, deli sandwich, chips, a Big Red soda, tic tacs, a lighter (to light my candles at home- duh), a DVD on scrap booking, earrings to match the outfit I was already wearing, a frame, a candy dish, blistex, fuzzy socks, lip liner, nail polish and a People magazine.  I was so happy with my purchase until reality hit me on the back of my head as I was loading all this crap in my trunk.  A complete unsuccessful shopping trip.  Nothing of what I bought was what Austin needed for his trip.  lol  Nothing of what I bought was what I needed either!!! Hmmm.... Now what?  Well, I will have to make another trip to the store (HEB this time- less distractions there) to get Austin his stuff for tomorrow's trip. 

The trip. ugh, the dreaded trip.  Not for him, of course, but for me.  I have to wake up in the wee hours of the morning, fix his lunch, make sure he's dressed nicely so folks don't think we're homeless, jot down what he's wearing (for my convenience), and get him to the school by 6:45am!  Ridiculous!  I mean, really!!!  Did you ever hear of such a thing???  6:45am?  On a Saturday???  All because they will be back by 2:30pm.  I say leave at 10ish and be back at 6ish!  Upside to this is I won't need to put on any makeup- it'll still be dark outside!  Another upside?  I can wear my new fuzzy socks! I can use my blistex and suck on a tic tac so I won't have to brush!  haha!  So, all is not lost from my unsuccessful trip to Wallymart after all! 

I'll keep you posted on my son's trip. 

Before I go, I must send a bundle of hugs n kisses to my little Brenna who, on Saturday (tomorrow) turns 2!!!  Such a beautiful child- may God keep her safe all the days of her life!





Happy Birthday Brenna!  Love you!


1 comment:

  1. Awww, thanks for the birthday shout out!! And your Walmart story reminded me of the old days. Lol

    ReplyDelete