Friday, January 4, 2013

Promise To My Boys...

When you're sad, I will:

Make funny faces until you're laughing so hard
Find your childhood imaginary friend and bring him to life
Hug you tight
Put on my best singing concert for you
Remind you of happier times
Run my fingers through your hair
Kiss your cheek
Build a fort of blankets and pillows where we can escape for a bit
Take you to dinner at your favorite place
Give you space, then flood you with love and smooches
Be your sounding board
Cuddle with you on the couch
Quote lines from the best movies
Remind you of your existence here on this earth
Tickle you
Rub your back
Buy your favorite candy
Look at you straight in your eyes and tell you over and over again how much I love you
Wipe your tears away
Remind you that life is too short to be angry
Make you Mac n Cheese
Remember our special times together
Hold your hand
Put pony tails in my hair and wear funny outfits to make you smile
And always be your mom, no matter how old you are!

~Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment