Monday, December 31, 2012

See Ya 2012!

Thank you, 2012, for a notsagood year.  It was nice of you to give me more crap to deal with.  Tomorrow starts a new year and although it's the year of the snake, (I'm not exactly thrilled being that I have a snake phobia), I anticipate better things.  My grandma will turn 90 in March.  My Jacob will be graduating high school in June, the Bachelor begins along with American Idol and I will be getting married in the winter time followed with a honeymoon in Bora Bora.  OK, so I won't exactly be getting hitched, but I love how my plans sounded for a second.
13.  The number 13.  Sounds superstitious, but who knows? Could be MY year.  Then again, I said that about all the previous years.  I'm beginning to wonder about some things in my life....

Let's move on to resolutions. I have none. Well, I do, but this one will be easier to follow through with.  All of the past resolutions were broken before the first day was over.  Here are some previous resolutions that never made it:

Keeping a birthday calendar for my family.  This was meant for me to remember each and every individuals birthday throughout the year.  My family has grown into a GINORMOUS amount thanks to my Uncle Joe and his kids and his kid's kids! (and the rest of my family) "Do not water after midnight!" :) There is no earthly way I could remember EVERY. SINGLE. ONE! This not only made me feel like a failure, but brought on way to much stress! So, "happy birthday to every. single. family member of mine- old, new, and upcoming!!" There.  Much better.  *sigh*

Weight loss.  What a cliche.  Everyone starts out at the gym, day one and goes strong for about a week.  At least I do.  In my eyes, I lose all I need to lose in one week including my sanity.  I wish I loved working out (kuddos to all of you who do)... just not my cup of tea.  That, more than likely, will not be a resolution for me this year, since it's never worked out in the past.

Buying Christmas gifts throughout the year so I won't be stressed out on the 24th of December.  Nope.  Never works.

Getting up one hour earlier each morning for 'self motivation' time. SCRATCH THAT!!!

Eating healthier.  *whiny voice* I don't wanna! *stomp feet* I'm sure I'll pay for this one soon enough.

Take a vacation.  More like a 'stay'cation! Never had enough cash or time.  Maybe this year??
 
Not letting reality TV consume my entire week.  Ya, right.  haha!

There's just a few of the 'NEVER MADE IT PAST DAY ONE RESOLUTIONS'.  I'm thinking more realistic this year.  I'm seriously gonna try and keep one or two this year. I have to! I've never kept one- EVER! lol  I recently read about 27 random acts of kindness.  This is being done by some in honor of the 27 lives lost in the recent CT shootings.  I guess they are including the shooter's mother?  Either way, I think this is a great way to show respect and care for others.  This is something I could definitely do and would love doing... I will draw up my list today and begin tomorrow.  I have no time limit but I'm excited to do this.  This will definitely give me a sense of satisfaction.  I hope to inspire others to do the same.... acts of kindness never hurt. :)
My second resolution is staying out of the ER! lol  Seriously, I've seen way too much of that the latter part of 2012.  The last time being last Thursday after my accident.  Enough is enough! My nine lives are quickly fading....

Anyway, to all celebrating tonight, please be safe! My friends and family mean the world to me.  I want good things for all of you and yours.  Pray more, laugh more, love more and make your random acts of kindness list! Happy New Year, much love!!!

~xoxo
P.S. Happy birthday to my Aunt Mary, my sister-aunt! (Celebrated yesterday) Thank you for loving me.  I love you!
Happy Birthday to cousin Vivian (celebrating today) and my Uncle Robert (celebrating tomorrow- and probably tonight!) I love, love, love you and wish great blessings upon you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment