Thursday, July 19, 2012

She doesn't like my rules!

once upon a time there was a mom who had the sweetest daughter in the entire universe, who obeyed every rule, never talked back, always cleaned, never asked for anything, cooked from the age of 5, did every one's laundry... oh, wait,,, that's Cinderella... never mind,,,
Anyway, Gracie had rules! We couldn't sit on her couches, we couldn't make a mess, we had to kindly shut the hell up when her novelas (Spanish soaps for you whities! lol) were on, and always had to answer our phones NO MATTER WHAT! This is the way it is in Gracie's home... not bad, just very annoying! lol  Sunday, I came in from Corpus Christi, tired as hell (probably because we went to bed at 4am and woke at 9am) wanting to just have peace and quiet.  That did NOT happen.  Krista was propped up on my couch with all my 'to not sit on pillows' and using my 'to not use blanket', Raeya was running around, laughing hysterically, chasing the little rat Gracie calls her dog (making her bark,,, let's not forget that), Krista is watching some loud movie with subtitles- now, I could be wrong, but if there's subtitles can't you just mute the TV and read? Gracie is in the kitchen making sandwiches and yelling at Raeya and the little pipsqueak dog.  It was pleasant...NOT.   Long story short, Gracie says she's gonna stay with me overnight. Great. No problem. Raeya stays too.  Great. No problem.  Krista goes home, and takes Pipsqueak with her.  Aaah,,, just a bit more quiet.  So, I thought... Night comes around and as tired as I was, I had already parked my big butt into my nice, comfy bed for a long night's rest.  It was 7pm. I was off to a good start until Gracie comes in and says, "uhhh... can you set the laptop up for me in the living room so I can look up the Bee Gees?" Are you kidding me?  That is some random requested shiznat! "Sure", I said politely.  This would ultimately mean she would be occupied by the hairy threesome and let me sleep.  Boy, was I wrong.  I go set her up in the living room.  Wrong choice of rooms.  The living room is right outside my bedroom door.  Anyway, I go back into my room anticipating my comfortness (I know that's not a word but...) with all of my 10 pillows.  Better known as my 'boyfriends'. 
The dreams, the comfort, the nice clean smelling sheets, softness,,,then reality- (I hear singing) "How deep is your love, how deep is your love, I really need to..." Now I am completely awake and not too thrilled to hear the Disney channel on full blast, right outside my bedroom and the Bee Gees serenading my mother via laptop! I open my door and see Raeya on my couch, on my 'to not sit on pillows', using my 'to not use' blanket and Gracie wearing her glasses, singing along to How Deep Is Your Love.  It was 10:30pm.  "Mom, could you please turn that down?"  She replies with, "How"?  Of course,,, my mom wouldn't know because she has NO INTERNET and NO LAPTOP in her prehistoric, but lovely house! lol I proceed to turn down the music and turn down the TV to 15 rather than the 75 they had it on! Now, in my home, we have rules.  We are in our rooms, lights out by 10 usually.  Needless to say, Gracie told my sister the next day that she did not like my house rules and was never coming back! lol Oh mom,,,,we feel the same way about your house rules! lol  This is why we reside in different residences party animal! At the end of the day,,,, these are some good times and great memories to laugh about.  You really had to be there, in the moment, but so glad no one else was there! I was extremely exhausted and awake til 1 am that night because I couldn't go back to sleep.  Thanks mom! Love ya! Nick at Night it is....

Until next time,
~sleepless in San Antonio

No comments:

Post a Comment