Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Dear Carolyn,

Well, I must say time has flown by! I still remember the first day I met you.  I had accepted an Assistant Manager roll and was clearly excited about that.  That meant the actual Branch Manager and Assistant Manager would be working hand in hand and since you were 'new' to the company, I figured I'd have to 'show you the ropes'.  No problem.  I remember thinking, this one better be decent looking, smart, creative and ready to 'market'! Nothing prepared me for what I saw when I walked into that room to meet you....
My thoughts: "Crap! she's tall, gorgeous, looks really intelligent and I just don't wanna work with her!  How am I ever gonna find anyone with this one by my side???" That's what I was worried about??? Finding someone?? Wow.  Anyway, I totally told myself that I probably was going to be the only one who would decorate and have the ideas to do so.  Not true.  Not only did you have the entire package already,,, you were even more creative than me! Turns out, this was the best match EVER!!!
They couldn't have paired a better 'two'!
A few things to reminisce on:
1. Our branch always looked amazing! Great decorations! Remember the Hollywood theme? How we worked on it til 2 am watching the Spurs win the championship??? Ya! Awesome!
2. What about our branch party where we were all introduced to your margarita punch?
3.  Who could forget our 'Lucy and Ethel' golf trip?  Sitting at the 18th hole talking about nothing and laughing about everything?? Or us not knowing how to 'drive' the cart??? lol
4. How about our 'platters' from the deli or eating a dozen tortillas from Taco Cabana with queso?? We gained absolutely NO WEIGHT!
5. oooh, then when we shared your news about you moving away.  How we hugged in the parking lot and cried! Gaaaay! (you know we're true forever besties!)
6.  How you babysat my fish and almost killed it!
7.  Tatersalad
8.  Remember when we had to go in and terminate one of our favorite employees??? lol
9.  Your bridal shower, wedding, baby shower, etc., etc....
The list goes on forever!!!  For these memories I am forever thankful! They are some of the best memories and we continue to make them even though we live far away.  That is a friendship that is to be cherished and kept close.  You are an amazing woman and I love you dearly! May God bless you way too much, and give you way too many happy, healthy years.  Happy Birthday, Carolyn!!! See you tonight in Gruene Texas!
~BFF

1 comment:

  1. Awww, I cherish all of those special memories! So thankful to have you in my life and there for me last night! Love you!

    ReplyDelete