Monday, January 23, 2012

Uno!!!!

Saturday night, I planned to go out, somewhere, anywhere, but decided that a BBQ at Gracie's and a games would bring me some serious laughter.  It did. Adrian (step dad) is a wonderful cook and can BBQ like no other.  He made fajitas, pork ribs and a couple other pieces of meat that I'd rather not know what they were. I stuck to the fajita meat. Delish. I made some Spanish rice (that put me over my calorie intake for the freakin' week), but oh. my. gosh.  sooo good! Anyway, my mom had gone shopping, and took Raeya with her, so it was quiet and whine free.  Jacob, Austin, Krista, Adrian and I are ready to play Uno! Here's the rundown:
Table for four. I'm sitting across from Krista, Jacob is to the left of me across from Adrian.  Austin was sitting on a bar stool in the corner of the table between Krista and Jacob. Perfect angle and height to scope out his opponent's cards.  Given Jacob's 'cheat' history we all tend to hold our cards close to our chest! Jacob's slick.  But not as slick as Austin.  Do you honestly think Austin complained about sitting on a 'high' chair?  I think not!  He had his strategy. Jacob has met his match.  Krista was drinking but not enough. Dammit!  I hadn't had a drink of anything.  Thanks to that health seminar earlier that morning that scared me, I played it safe and stuck to water.  Adrian,,, here comes the fun part,,, he had been drinking so he was already feeling 'happy'.  Not sure how we convinced him to play Uno (of all games) given this game deals with colors and he's color blind! But he happily agreed. Makes for a fun time!!!  So, we shuffle the cards and I pass them out.  We begin what was to be a 3 hour game.  It coulda been that we had 3 decks of cards in one game, idk. The game is going and Jacob is trying to see my cards through my silver necklace!  Busted!  I took that shit off!  Austin is scoping Jacob's cards out while Jacob is too busy trying to see my cards.  Krista has her game face on and looks like she's concentrating way to hard.  Adrian is struggling with the colors! The game continues.  Austin finally wins (surprisingly) and now it's between me, Jake, Krista and Adrian.  We tag team up.  Me and Jake against Krista and Adrian.  It sucks when you tag team and all you have in your deck to play is a draw two or draw four against your team member.  I was sad that I had to play some of those cards against my sonny boy, but Krista, on the other hand, played those cards with no problem against her team mate!  For her it was more work trying to help him with the colors and the underlined numbers 6 and 9!  At this point, I have no idea who won next, I was laughing so hard!!! I'm almost more than sure it was Adrian.  lol  Not sure how.  Jacob resigned.  Guess those ribs were 'hittin' bottom'! lol  Austin steps in for Jacob and wins!  It's Krista and I, games faces on, battling for the win!  I had some great cards on hand- reverse cards, skip cards, draw two's and a couple draw four's.  I played them nicely and won.  She ended up with a million cards!  I have to say it was really a fun night.  Of course you had to be there to get the full fun of it!  Time with my family is just one of the most wonderful times I cherish!  Tonight Bachelor is on and my roast will be ready to chow down.  Maybe I'll invite Krista over.  I feel bad that she had half the deck at the end of the game! lol

Until next time
ex-o, ex-o

No comments:

Post a Comment