Monday, November 21, 2011

I'm Thankful For...

Our Troops!
Navy, Army, Air Force, Marines & Coast Guards
One of the most relaxing days of the year is upon us and while some of us are home with our families, trading stories, laughing, enjoying home made food and sharing quality time together there are courageous men and women who have sacrificed their time and loved ones so we remain FREE!  To those men and women, some of which never made it home, I say with heartfelt gratitude,

"Thank you for all you do!" 
"Thank you for serving our country"
"Thank you for wearing that uniform"
"Thank you for our freedom"
"Thank you for your bravery"
"Thank you for loving each and every one of us here in America"
And last but not least, "A million thanks to the men in my own family who have served"!  I am grateful to each of you and I am so honored to be your niece and granddaughter".


I am equally grateful to our Police Officers, Border Patrols and Fire Fighters here in the states.  They also put their lives at risk so we can be safe in our own homeland.  My dad was a police officer and a border patrol for many years and I just thank the Lord that He kept my daddy safe.  "I am so proud of you and I love you, Daddy."

I am sorry that some of our very own men and women will not have the opportunity to spend time with their loved ones but "I pray that people understand the sacrifice that is being made by you, that we show you the respect you deserve and that we honor each of you for what you do-for us.  I pray that you return home safely and healthy to your families and friends. I also pray for the families left back home- those who currently have loved ones serving and for those families who have suffered the ultimate hurt of losing a part of their life.  I ask God to bless you with strength and that you keep happy memories close to your hearts always."

Happy Thanksgiving.
We salute you.

'Respect Soldiers; Freedom is NOT free'

No comments:

Post a Comment