Thursday, October 20, 2011

Where did I go wrong????

Jacob, my son, who is on his way to making some young lady very happy one day with his cooking really threw me for a loop yesterday!  Jacob is one who enjoys cooking and will look up (steal) recipes from others, have me spend a crap load of cash for ingredients we'll probably never use again and whip up some fabulous meals for me and Austin (and other family members who don't steal his leftovers; no names mentioned KRISTA).  Anyway, he comes to me last night and says, "mom, what are we gonna eat for dinner?" My response, "I dunno, I already ate, you and AJ are on your own".  lol  jj but not really.  So, we go to the kitchen and open the pantry where we find exotic foods like ramen, mac n cheese, tuna, pet milk, pops cereal, an almost rotten banana and tupperware.  Obviously, we don't eat the tupperware! Don't be silly!  It's in there because we're not fully organized in our home.  Another story, another time.  "tuna sandwiches and mac n cheese it is!"  Some of you may be thinking, what kind of mother only has that to choose from? Well, 5 words for you:  GRACIE. VELA. 5. MINUTES. AWAY.
That totally equals to the next 5 words: GREAT. DINNER. WAITING. FOR. US.  But on this night, I was a little tired and still full from lunch (lol) so we, ok, they, decided on an imaginary French meal- leMac n Sheeese with Tunalesanwheech.  Perfect!!!!  Another meal made by my wonderful Chef Son, LeJecoby.  So, I thought.

Jacob proceeds to take out a pot for the pasta and ingredients needed for that (i.e. milk, butter, water, etc).  He then takes the bread out and a tuna packet.  I go to my bathroom where I proceed to make it a 'get away spa' complete with candles, nice curtain, soft music, blah, blah, blah.  I hear, "mom? How do I make mac n cheese?"  Oh no!!!! My heart almost stopped!  Where did I go wrong with this child????  How does he not know how to whip up mac n cheese??  My life is over.  (I'm sure Annette, my cheese-hating friend can appreciate this).  After I picked myself up off the floor I asked Jake what he had on the stove if he didn't know how to make mac n cheese.  This is what he says that I will never forget:  "I used all the right ingredients, just not at the right time. So there's water, milk, butter and the macaroni-boiling."  Holy Hell!  My child failed mac n cheese 101.  We're never gonna be able to have mac n cheese insurance!  2nd bomb of the night:  "Mom, How do I make tuna?" Are you kidding me? At this point, I was lightheaded and near death.  No way.  This cannot be happening!  After some time passed and the food was done, I went into the kitchen to observe the creation.  Not bad.  A little mushy, but the powdered cheese packet made everything better!  Annette, looks like the day you face your fear and drive to San Antonio, you won't have to worry that we'll have Mac n Cheese for you, unless I make it!!! I might even mix into your margarita! You'll never know!!  haha

The night goes on, dinner has been consumed, my bathroom is Ahhmazing (pfft, ok...) and what used to be an empty sink now holds dirty dishes! I told Austin, since his brother cooked, he'd have to wash the dishes.  He comes to me and says, "How do I wash them?" 
oy....to be continued......... 

No comments:

Post a Comment