Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The 'Weekender'

The month of March has been my busiest month to date! Seriously!! Here's the rundown:
March 2nd- drove to Corpus Christi (posted earlier)
March 3rd- drove 45 minutes south to Kingsville, Texas and back to Corpus that evening, followed by dinner with the girls
March 4th- drove 1.5 hours south to Rios, Texas (ranch living at it's best) to celebrate Grandma's 89th birthday. Here are a few pics:
Birthday girl, Grandma

Me and my daddy

Austin showing us his skills

Us!

Mary and I

Austin and Krista


William and Alec



me and my little sister, Nadia

my brother Gabriel

yes, the ranch is a place where you must always watch your step! I wasn't so lucky!
After all that, we drove 3 hours North back to San Antone!
March 10th- drove to Katy Texas to drop off the boys for their spring break vacation, drove back home that same day (at this point I was ready to put a pencil in my eyeball!) I hoped to rest on Sunday, but tragically, our family dog, Gizmo, passed away.
March 13th was my Painting With a Twist debut.  After all my hoopla so far, it's no wonder the wine went down so good!  I needed it! lol
March 18th- drove to Schulenberg Texas to pick up the boys from their vacation.
This now brings us to this past weekend (March 24th).  Austin and I drove to Corpus (again), but this time for my girl's night out!! Woooohooo!!!  I decided to leave Saturday morning, only because I was extremely tired Friday night.  Plus, we had a little get together for my nephew, which, by the way, was last minute!
March 24- I arrive in Corpus around noon, just in time to take Grandma out for lunch.  But...my sweet Uncle Johnny had just picked her up to take her....sa...weet! I'll be able to rest up for T O N I G H T! So I thought... I proceed to run a few errands which turned into 3 hours of foot torture!  I not only wore the wrong shoes for shopping, I didn't bring comfortable Antonio Melani shoes!  Suffer for beauty, I've been told.  After killing what was left of my already numb toes I head over to my aunt's house.  It's 3pm and I walk in to plenty hugging, barking (not my aunt!), and an aunt who's ready to quench her thirst...and mine. 
"Pina Colada?" she asks.  "Sure", I asked kinda confused, being that it was 3 O CLOCK IN THE AFTERNOON.  She takes the V8 pina colada smoothie juice bottle out of the fridge and the Bacardi bottle from the packed liquor shelf! I'm thinking this is great!  A little health with a slight, little twist. 
Now before I go on, let me just explain the amount of juice vs. the amount of Bacardi.... 1 ounce to 500 ounces.  The one ounce was the juice.  "There was NO balance in this Aunt Mary!!!" (I know she's reading this)!!!!
Anyway, I'm sitting on the couch with my lethal poison supposedly called a pina colada.  I call it suicide.  Now, my aunt is sitting on the other couch and we're watching some crazy discovery show about the Lochness Monster.  Ok.  "Note to you, Mary....not a good show to watch when your sipping on liver killer juice."  15 minutes into the show, I started to think this monster was real!  Dammit!  "Can we watch something a little less convincing?" My goodness,,,,I just couldn't drink this stuff!  Harsh!  I had to quit before this stuff would knock me the hell out and I miss the one reason I came to Corpus!!! Plus, I knew that there would be more drinks later that night. ;)
We start to get ready around 6 for our 8pm meeting at LaPlaya.  It would be myself, Angela, Annette and our personal bar tender, Mary. 
Dinner was great!  Had a couple margaritas, 48 lbs. of fajitas, rice, beans, tortillas, chips, salsa and I even ate the grilled onions (which I never do!) Can you say hungry?
We finally leave there after annoying the hell out of our waiter.  We laughed so much that I'm surprised they didn't throw us out! This is the same place where Annette ordered flautas and got cheesy flautas (remember, she hates cheese!).  I was surprised they didn't remember her the last time we came and she sent her plate back 40 times! 
Next party bus, I mean, party Toyota stop was Revolution.  What?  I don't belong in a hole in the wall place.  My shoes don't want to be in there!  We go in, got free drinks (so now it was worth it!), and took a few pics.
Annette, me, Mary and Angela

Country punkin' Annette, me and bartender Mary
 After Rev, we forcefully drag Annette to Ropers.  She's not one bit of country and that's all I really am, plus Mary and Angela are too!  She had no choice.  Doomed.
To our surprise, Annette pulled out her boots, chaps, bandana and western shirt from her bag, began changing and was singing along to George Strait as we drove.  Totally kidding.  I'm sure she was thinking she wished she had driven her own car so she could bail.  But we carried her into Ropers, kicking and screaming, got her a dozen tequila shots to calm her down and she was good after that!  lol. A couple hours had already passed and even though I was having such a great time dancing the night away, I was excited that I'd be sitting in less that 5 minutes.  We took quite a few more pics that I'm not willing to post! haha  The one I  WOULD HAVE posted is me falling! That was classic! I wish someone could've recorded that incident.  It was hilarious!  On my way to the truck, my ankle gives out and to the ground I go, but not all the way!  I bounced right back up before anyone could see! Had I known this would happen a second time, I would've made someone have their phone ready to record!  It happened again!  Ankle gave out and to the ground I go, but not all the way!  I bounced right back up before anyone could see! Except my family and friends who probably never let me live it down.  That's ok.  I've got dirt on them too! haha.  Plus, I know they wouldn't judge...

It was such a great time and I'm thankful for the time spent with these three knuckleheads regardless of the ankle pain the next day. :)
This coming weekend I hope to truly rest.  Truly.  I'm so tired these days.  I wish my friends and family would come visit me.... (hint, hint)

Until next time
~ exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment